joi, 20 februarie 2014

The pain Puzzle

The Pain Puzzle

As a 15 year old, my life wasn't how you expect a normal teenager's life would be. I was suffering in silence. I was bullied at the age of 11 and I cut myself for the first time. The first time I did, I pretended nothing happened and moved on. As I transitioned into high school, I started to feel sad and I pushed everyone around me away. I started to feel anxious in public. I would have panic attacks as I entered the school building. I had no idea about what to do and where to go. I just stayed home because I was just scared to be at school. I would just cut myself everyday, that was the only coping mechanism I could think of.
After getting tired of suffering this way I was like I need to get out of this so I decided to go to my guidance councilor. I was really scared but in the end it was worth it. I told her and she decided to send me to alternative school where I would not be really anxious because of the small setting and close relationships with teachers. I went in there and everything just got better. I found myself a therapist in the community and I decided to open up and tell her and she helped me by finding different coping strategies. For me it was holding ice cubes and using a red marker.
Everything just started to get better eventually, I found friends, I started to do better in school, I started doing drama at the local theater and I started volunteering for my local MPP. There are still times to this day where I feel sad but now I know how to cope and the people I can go to. All it took was reaching out.


By Florence on Jul 12, 2013
www.mindyourmind.ca

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu